Masters of Wrestling Promotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trade-in

Go down

The trade-in Empty The trade-in

Post  Jayx Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 23:43

Jayx the Drake walks into Nathan Frost's office and without waiting for invitation takes a seat at the table of the president of talent relations. Jayx lays his Rough&Tough title belt on the table.

Jayx the Drake: Pardon the intrusion but there are some matters I'd like to discuss

Nathan Frost: All right, discuss away but make it quick - a very important ambulance match is about to start soon

Jayx the Drake: Remember or talk last season? The one where you said I should do what I like and fans will follow.

Nathan Frost: Like yesterday

Jayx the Drake: It doesn't work. I've done the best I can and I still get booed and looked down at. Today I made Wong Fey Hong forfeit a match and still no support, no recognition

Nathan Frost: Well, you must be doing something wrong

Jayx the Drake: No, it's not me. I think that the matches I fight are what's wrong. My opponents are mediocre mid carders and my victories over them don't mean much in the eyes of the fans. Just look at some of your gauntlet participants - Swagger and Roxtone are douches but they get so much attention, media coverages, interviews, merchandise sales. And all because they are into something big, something important.

Nathan Frost: I'll take it as a compliment for a job well done

Jayx the Drake: I want that! I want to be in the Gauntlet!

Nathan Frost: I hope you understand I can't make any changes now just two weeks away from the title match.

Jayx the Drake: I do but I also know that the final match is still a mystery to the MWP Universe. All we know that it'll have 4 best contenders of the Gauntlet. What I offer is that you put me in that match and leave the rest 3 spots for Gauntlet winners.

Nathan Frost: Look, Jay, I respect your skill and dominant style but you're forgetting one thing - each of those men are about to sacrifice something to get to the top. They have had impressive matches all season long and if I just put you in a match like that it could hardly be called fair. Maybe next season, Jay.

Jayx the Drake: Don't you talk to me about sacrifices as I'm about to pay the biggest you've seen. Of course, I don't expect you to just put me in that Legacy title match. I want to buy it. And I'll pay with the thing I value the most in my career - my first and currently only championship, this barbwire belt, the Rough&Tough title!

Nathan Frost: Are you telling me, you're about to trade in your championship for a 25% chance at getting another one?

Jayx the Drake: I want that shot at glory, I want that shot at forging my own Legacy! And for that to happen I have to make sacrifices wouldn't you agree?

Nathan Frost: All right, Jay, I accept your trade-in. I guess that leaves yet another vacated title.

Jayx the Drake: Don't worry, Ryan will take care of that. Thank you, Nathan! I will make your match at PPV epic!

Nathan Frost: I'm counting on it.

Jayx raises from the chair, takes a close and solemn look at the belt on the table and then leaves the office.

Jayx

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum