Masters of Wrestling Promotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marisa's Interview With Nathan

Go down

Marisa's Interview With Nathan Empty Marisa's Interview With Nathan

Post  Danny Draiman Thu 8 Aug 2013 - 21:03

Camera's come on following Marisa down the backstage hallway heading for Nathan Frost's office.  She is about to knock on the door when it opens and Swagger comes out with a flat expression on his face.  He looks at Marisa only briefly before blowing past her and the camera crew.  Marisa looks at the camera briefly.

Marisa Stevenson: Well that was strange.  I wonder what he was doing?  Maybe we will find out during our interview.

She knocks on the door and Nathan's friendly voice can be heard from inside.

Nathan Frost: Come in.

Marisa enters to see Frost comfortably behind his desk with his hands clenches, a pleasant smile across his face.

Nathan Frost: Ms. Stevenson, welcome.  Please come in and have a seat.  How can I help you today?

Watching Nathan for a moment Marisa eventually takes a seat, her interviewers mask up and in place.

Marisa Stevenson: I apologize for barging in, but I wanted to know if I could ask you some questions about this whole Frost's Gauntlet you have set up for the Legacy title.

Frost gives a small chuckle, but otherwise doesn't move.

Nathan Frost: I understand your curiosity.  Please feel free to ask whatever questions you want.

Marisa Stevenson: Thank you.  I guess my first question would be why take such drastic measures?  Your daughter interfered in the title match to take the belt.  Seems that you could have set up this whole event without such interference.

Nathan Frost frowns briefly, but sighs briefly before the smile returns to his lips.

Nathan Frost: I guess I can understand why it would be hard to understand why I took such actions.  You see it is important that I get the attention of some of the best wrestlers in the Legacy division.  It was important to make it a fair match.  It would seem either favoritism for or against the champ if I just set this up while there was a champion in place.  With the title vacated though every participant gets equal chance to win the belt.  This may seem cold, but sometimes sacrifices are made and it is not like those who formerly battled for the title have been exempt from the gauntlet.  Have they?

Without breaking character, Marisa continues, even though Nathan's answer seemed elusive in some fashion to her.

Marisa Stevenson: I can see what you mean, though I'm not sure the former competitors would see it so clearly.  Moving on though, you have already stated multiple times that you are looking for the best to become the Legacy Champion.  What exactly do you mean by that?

The smile on Nathan's face seems to grow wider and more amused.

Nathan Frost: That is an interesting question, Ms. Stevenson.  To be the best means doing what it takes to reach the top.  To many competitors seem to think that they should be given a shot without earning it or that they can maintain it without doing whatever is necessary to keep what they have.  Now, I do not mean to say that we have many such wrestlers here at MWP, but I would say that there are some who lack the hunger to be champion while others simply lack the skill to make their ambitions real.

Marisa Stevenson:  How does that equate to the choice of wrestlers you have participating in this Gauntlet you have created?

Nathan seems calm and smiling as he starts speaking but gradually seems to become impassioned as he continues as if his words were like a fervent belief or the inspiration of a leader.

Nathan Frost: I see potential in each of these competitors, something Legacy worthy.  However, as I said I think there is something keeping each of them back.  I hope to bring out their potential here.  Whether that is having to work with your worst enemy, facing down some of the strongest in your division, or putting your body on the line in matches some wrestlers would never dream to enter.  That is what makes greatness.  That is what starts a Legacy.

Marisa appears both taken back and impressed by the passionate words of Frost.  It is a moment before she relaxes and continues.

Marisa Stevenson: Well those are quite empowering words.  I must ask though, do you have an favorites to win in the competition?

As he settles back in his chair, crossing his legs then folding his fingers on his lap he smiles pleasantly once more.

Nathan Frost: I have no particular preference amongst them.  That would defeat the purpose of what I'm doing.  You can't find the one who will rise above it if you don't give each an equal opportunity to show themselves.

Marisa Stevenson: I could have sworn I saw Swagger leaving your office just before I came in.  What was he here to see you about?

The smile remains unchanged as Frost sweeps the matter aside with ease of his words.

Nathan Frost: I have many duties to this company.  Some of them I am not at liberty to speak of.  This, I'm afraid, would be one of those moments.  Now if you will excuse me, Ms. Stevenson, I do still have work to do.

Disappointed in the answer Marisa simply nods and excuses herself.

Marisa Stevenson: Thank you for your time, Mr. Frost.

Following his final words he turns his attention to a computer screen as Marisa stands up and leaves the office.  The camera fades shortly after the office door closes.
Danny Draiman
Danny Draiman

Back to top Go down