Masters of Wrestling Promotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Yoko Time

Go down

It's Yoko Time Empty It's Yoko Time

Post  Auron Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 4:03

All the lights around the arena go out as darkness engulfs Plymouth. The audience falls silent, waiting anxiously for something to happen. You could feel the palpable tension in the air; most of them are still on their feet, their attention focused on the currently lifeless Titantron, waiting for what is coming next.

Minutes pass; most expected someone to make his or her way to the ring by now, perhaps to explain what is happening right now. Murmurs of discontent echo throughout the arena, as the fans become more impatient with every passing moment, unsatisfied with the gaping maw of darkness and the chilling, eerie silence. Even the ringside staff appear to have no idea of what is happening right now; the men backstage are keeping quiet over the channels.

Andrew Becksford: I am sorry folks; we seem to be having some sort of power shortage, and we haven’t been able to get any news on what’s happening backstage to fix this.

John Dempsey: Hah! Welcome to England, I say. The arena’s probably battery operated and the batteries ran out.

Michael Billings: Has anyone tried taking them out and rubbing them against their shirt before putting them back in?

As the commentators continue joking about England, a single dim purple light turns on, focused on the entrance ramp.

Michael Billings: Finally, some action!

Moments later, the soft tones of a woman start wafting from the arena speakers, coming in whisper.

???: Dig up her bones but leave the soul alone…

As the accompanying music starts playing, the voice becomes louder and clearer with every passing second as though whoever is singing is walking towards the ramp. A pure white fox appears on the Titantron, causing the partisan British crowd to erupt with vivid life; from the tremendous amount of cheers that drown out the few boos, Yoko Kurama who appears to very popular in these parts of the world.

The curtains open, raising the already deafening volume to new heights, as Yoko Kurama steps onto the entrance ramp microphone in hand singing her entrance song.

Yoko Kurama: Dark twisted fantasy turned into reality…

As Yoko stands on the ramp, singing away, looking as though has not got a single worry in the world, the English audience take in the breath-taking sight of their new Masters’ Champion. This time, she is not wearing her trademark snow white silk robes, preferring a sleeveless, mini-white dress with purple flowers patterning it that speaks of simplicity and elegance.

It is seemingly easy to underestimate her; alone on the ramp, she appears small, although her fans and opponents know better than to do that. Despite her slim, petite frame, hints of muscle can be observed underneath the clothes that she wears, easily noticeable if one were eagle-eyed, and yet too much muscle that would likely look scary, even grotesque on any human, let alone a woman of her size. Her male fans wolf-whistle in appreciation and lust for her prim and proper look.

Yoko expertly milks the audience’s reaction to her new garment. She seems almost as though she’s about to blush before shaking it off and giving the crowd a playful twirl that is met with cheers. The purple light follows her as she makes her way down the ramp to the ring, singing and dancing. The fans appear captivated and enthralled by her scintillating and radiant beauty. Her singing adds to the allure; the soft, melodious tunes of her voice has noticeably improved as she manages to keep up with the beat this time around, something that the fans appreciate after the fiasco that happened the previous time she tried to sing.

The more eagle-eyed fans, however, noticed one thing wrong with the image; she is not wearing her well-deserved Masters Championship title belt. As Yoko climbs up the steps and gracefully enters the ring, the mesmerized commentators who were silent throughout Yoko's unique entrance quickly pick up the slack.

John Dempsey: It looks like our Spirit Fox, Yoko Kurama, has come to address the audience, and wow; normally she always appears beautiful whenever she makes appearances, but today, I think that she has particularly outdone herself. That is a stunning dress that she is wearing!

Andrew Becksford: She does indeed. However, I just want to note something; where’s her title belt? It’s her fist official appearance as our Masters’ champion.

Michael Billings: Who knows? Maybe she is afraid that they will take it away after what she did to Ben at the pay per view and left it at home just to be prudent.

Andrew Becksford: You have a point there, Michael. Yoko has been known to make very…unorthodox decisions in the past. This could be another of her quirks.

John Dempsey: How can something so beautiful be so dangerous and scary? I think I'm in love!

Yoko makes her way to the centre of the ring smiling away happily as her sad, twisted song comes to an end. She lowers her microphone to take in the audience’s reaction, milking every chant and scream, standing with her arms passively by her sides. She looks more a pop diva or beauty pageant performer then a proud and fierce vixen warrior. The rest of the lights around the arena return to normal as the purple light fixated on Yoko Kurama fades. With an obvious smirk on her face she raises her microphone to her mouth.

Yoko Kurama: Good evening Plymouth!

She pauses for dramatic effect for a few seconds, lavishly lapping up the adoration that the crowd have for her.

Yoko Kurama: Whoa, thank you for that reception and thank you for welcoming me into your beautiful country and home. I feel like I belong here.

Once again, she pauses for a few seconds as the crowd cheer at her comments.

Yoko Kurama: I hoped you all liked my version of Bones. For those of you that didn't do not worry I will be speaking to Simon Cowell about getting some vocal lessons.

The audience laugh heartily at that comment.

Yoko Kurama: It’s a new season, with so many new faces, most of them from the Brutal Wrestling Federation, and with it, new challenges. I'm really excited to get this season underway!

The audience cheers on.

Michael Billings: Yoko seems like such a natural at milking the crowd’s attention.

Yoko Kurama: Right, time to get serious. Ever since Masters of Wrestling Explosion I've just been getting attacked by mobs of people with so many questions: “Who's that girl in the photo?”, “Why did you freak?”, “Did you have to break Ben's leg?”, “Why did you not let Marisa Peterson interview you earlier?”

The crowd answers with a resounding “YES!” to every question that Yoko posed. Once again, she pauses for dramatic effect, before continuing.

Yoko Kurama: Question after question, and looking around I know some of you are have questions for me to. You’re probably thinking “Why is she not wearing her in ring garments?”, “Why on earth does she have to sing?” and most importantly “Where is the Masters Championship? Why do I not have it with me right now?” I am afraid you’re going have to wait for that one.

John Dempsey: Please tell me this dress is your new in-ring attire!

Andrew Becksford: Come on, focus, John. There were some good questions Yoko mentioned.

John Dempsey: Yes, yes, yes, John, but the most important question to me is whether or not we’ll get to see that dress every week!

The crowd react; most of them are still respectfully allowing Yoko to continue, while the more impatient sections of the crowd let loose a string of boos and jeers at the thought of Yoko keeping mum over the questions. Yoko pauses for a few more seconds, waiting for the less friendly members of the crowd to quieten down before continuing.

Michael Billings: Who is that girl in the photo? Tell me that she’s your sister, and that she’s going to join MWP and be your tag partner. That way she and I can get married, have child…

Andrew Becksford: Hold your horses, Michael! Come on you two focus, we are supposed to be professional colour commentators, so stop drooling!

Yoko Kurama: First of all I want to say this: Marisa Peterson, I love ya, foxy lady, it was nothing personal. I was just not in my dresser when you knocked, but I can make it up to you; we can do a public or even better, a private interview together.

Yoko Kurama pauses once again, winking at the camera. Most are amused, laughing heartily at her comment, while some seem shocked at Yoko's rather crude comments that seemingly imply that Yoko has a sexual interest in Marisa.

Yoko Kurama: Right, now that that is covered and since I was supposed to be interviewed today, I decided I'm going to let the great British public interview me, instead of the usual. What I am going to do, Michael if it is okay with you, I will pick out a member of our fine audience and Michael will bring a microphone to whoever I pick so they can ask me a question, any question they want.

Michael Billings: I suppose I can do that for you, Yoko.

The audience voices their support boisterously; soon the entire arena is full of hands shooting upwards, gesturing for Yoko to pick them. Michael takes off his headset and leaves the announcers’ table, while Yoko scans the audience for her first choice, peering from person to person taking in their facial features and brief outlines of their physical forms. After a long pause she finally makes her decision, pointing to a bald man in a brown shirt on the second row of the west wing.

Yoko Kurama: You there no, no, no, not you, your friend with the dog on your shirt; cute dog by the way.

Michael gets to the man rather quickly as the audience waits patiently. Yoko seems to be practicing a dance routine, messing about with her foot work, showing of some amounts of leg flesh as she does so. Most of the audience turn their attention to the bald man who looks rather nervous with a light on him.

Andrew Becksford: I’m sorry folks, I’d like to give you commentary on this, but this is all rather new and I’ll admit; I’m a bit surprised by her decision. Then again, I suppose you get crazy things with this crazy fox.

Some of them are still watching Yoko fool around while Michael gives the man the microphone.

Bald Man: Yoko, will you go on a date with me?

John Dempsey: Hah! Nice question, pal.

Yoko Kurama: Will I go on a date with you? What do you guys think?

The audience responds with a resounding “NO!” and laughs out loud.

Yoko Kurama: Ooh, I’m sorry big boy; you’re not really my type. Besides I am scared that you might eat me.

The audience laughs as Michael struggles to wrest the microphone off the rather upset fat man. Yoko joins in the light-hearted amusement, giggling at the comical reaction. Finished, she looks around for another member of the audience; this time pointing to a lady on the front row of the south wing just behind the announcers’ table. Andrew offers the lady a microphone as Michael makes his way back ringside.

Blonde Lady: Can you do the spirit fish again?

The question is met with cheers as Yoko looks on a little confused.

Yoko Kurama: “Can I do the spirit fish again?” Erm what’s the spirit fish, love?

Blonde Lady: The one where you roll to the middle of the ring and do a backstroke.

Yoko Kurama: You guys called that the spirit fish? Hmm…it’s catchy and I like how it sounds. Sure, but not right now; I do not wanna ruin my dress. I'll do it as part of my celebration after I win my match tonight.

Yoko notices Michael panting, seemingly in exhaustion from all the running around he has had to do.

Yoko Kurama: You okay there, Michael? You look a bit flustered.

Michael Billings: I am okay, thank you for asking.

Yoko Kurama: Fair enough. Okay, who’s next?

Once again, a flurry of hands shoot up. This time, Yoko points to a slightly older man in a business suit, seated next to Michael.

Yoko Kurama: There; him. Ask away.

Michael hands the man a microphone.

Middle-Aged Businessman: Miss Kurama, will you marry me?

The audience respond to that with a cacophony of jeers and boos. Yoko giggles at the question, bringing her hand up to her mouth in a lady-like attempt to cover it, while a “Who are ya?” chant is slowly picking up steam around the arena.

Yoko Kurama: Aww, that’s the sweetest thing someone’s ever asked me on live TV. I would love that, I really do, but what would the neighbours think of me? They'll all think I am sort of jailbait gold digger; I really do not think I could handle all the gossip!

The audience respond with cheers, chanting “you rich bastard!” repeatedly at the middle-aged man.

Yoko Kurama: Hmm…this really is not going too well, if only we had a person who could conduct a professional interview and represent Plymouth and England? Michael, love, you can sit down now.

The audience laughs.

Yoko Kurama: In fact, I know just the person. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce my special guest, Plymouth’s own Olympic bronze medallist, Tom Daley!

Andrew Becksford: Yoko's full of surprises tonight! A celebrity interview!

England’s national anthem, “God Save Our Queen” wafts from the speakers as Tom Daley steps out of the curtains, much to the roaring adoration of the crowd. Grinning, he waves at the crowd whilst walking down the entrance ramp towards the ring. As he reaches the ring ropes, Yoko plants herself on them in a bid to help him get into the ring, showing an uncharacteristically huge amount of respect towards the young man.

John Dempsey: Ah, what the hell is he doing here? He’s not even a wrestler! Come on, Yoko why are you respecting this clown? All he does is jump into a pool for a living!

Yoko gives Tom her microphone beaming him a warm smile and a nod before calling for another microphone. After receiving one from Michael, Yoko sits down cross-legged in the middle of the ring. Tom looks rather taken back by this casual gesture but chooses to oblige her, seating himself opposite Yoko, while the audience roars their appreciation.

Yoko Kurama: Hello, Tom. How are you doing?

Tom Daley: Hello, Yoko. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Hello, Plymouth!

The audience screams for their favourite son.

Yoko Kurama: So, before we start, Tom, I have to ask; why only a bronze?

Tom Daley: Well, there was some tough competition and my final dive was just not good enough for the judges to award me gold or silver. Hey, I thought I was interviewing you!

The audience laughs.

Yoko Kurama: You are, you are, my bad. So what do you want to ask me first?

Tom Daley: Last season, at the pay-per-view, we saw Ben’s leg broken in half by you. I just want to ask…why?

Yoko Kurama: Well, it was getting really late, I got a “bed at 1 a.m.” deal going, and I wanted to watch the latest episode of Eastenders before bed so it was the quickest way to end the match.

Tom Daley: You are a fan of Eastenders?

Yoko Kurama: Yup, always want to know who Phil will date next, which one of his wives does Max actually love if it is any one of them, and why did Jack not marry Sharon these sorts of questions haunt my every thought.

Tom Daley: Okay, fair enough. Who was the girl in the photo at MWP Explosion?

Yoko Kurama: I cannot answer that; it has to do my past. I said many times before that I would do anything it would anything to get the Masters Championship, even if I have to stoop to any low heights to do it. That photo was just someone’s desperate attempt to make me lose focus, not that it worked, anyway.

Tom Daley: So, you’ve won the Masters Championship, what’s next for Yoko Kurama?

Yoko Kurama: Well, I was going to practice learning the Blitz and maybe take some vocal lessons but our GM has put me in the main event against BWF’s two top stars, Auron and Kallen, tonight.

Most of the crowd cheer the mention of the main event match; one member shouts out from somewhere in the back "I love you, Kallen!" Yoko, hearing this comment, giggles.

Yoko Kurama: Well, Tom, I also happen to know that Kallen is very cute and I look forward to meeting her.

She winks at the camera once again as it fades to black.

Auron
Admin

Back to top Go down