Masters of Wrestling Promotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrestling Guys Analyze Season Eight Week 2

Go down

The Wrestling Guys Analyze Season Eight Week 2 Empty The Wrestling Guys Analyze Season Eight Week 2

Post  eldrocks Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 18:36

SM: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of The Wrestling Guys. I'm Scarlett McDermott along side my usual partner in crime. Lance Miles.

Lance nods.

SM: The first week of the Quentin Era with a bang and thought there were a couple bumps in the road I think up to last week he did a pretty decent job handling the new position.

LM: Yeah I would agree. i don't think you'll ever please everybody but all it all, it was a sound performance.

SM: We'll see how Quentin handled himself in week two as he starts to deal with the potholes that pop up during a show the likes the MWP produces so lets get started. We start off with the man himself. Quentin hoped everyone enjoyed the show and then went to business by calling out the R&T Champion Auron to the ring. Quentin explained that Auron would indeed be defending the championship at the PPV in an Elimination Chamber match. He then explained that there would be qualifying matches in order to compete in the EC match. Two qualifiers are Hyperelf and Golden Dragon and Chip Morris and Gato Salvaje. Quentin decided that it would be best for Auron to just sit back and enjoy the tournament because he would not be competing until the PPV for fear that Auron might get too injured to recover in time for his defense. Auron did not appreciate the implication nor the game that he seemed to be playing but said that he would play ball for the time being.

LM: How magnanimous of Auron.

SM: :: Rolls her eyes :: Okay Lance don't be gun shy now. Fire away.

LM: I'm sorry Red but Auron is a jerk. Quentin realizes that the deck is stacked against the champion in this type of match and balances the scales by giving Auron the time off and Auron is still not satisfied.

SM: I can kind of see Auron's view on this though Lance. It could be perceived as a slight on Auron that he isn't capable of competing with the younger guys in the promotion and it could be perceived that Quentin wants to look like a fair minded guy when deep down he may want Auron out.

LM: Or Quentin could be straight with the guy. Auron is a legend but legends tend to be old, that's why they're legends. People have to turn back the clock to reminisce of Auron in his prime. Does the Undertaker get pissed when he only wrestles one night a year. No. In fact, I bet he laughs every time he gets that fat little check for doing basically four ten minutes appearances and a fifteen minute match. Auron should be grateful for not having to wrestle till the PPV.

SM: Quentin's track record has always been subject to opinion and I suppose this will be no different so why not move on to Big Bubba and Daryl. Daryl talked about the importance of Bubba's W-Card and while Bubba has been having trouble deciding what to do with it. Daryl continued to egg him on about it until finally Bubba makes a decision that could affect Daryl's life.

LM: Bubba with that W-Card is like a monkey with a handful of crap. Does he fling it or does he eat it? In Bubba's case it looks like he's gonna throw it on something completely useless.

SM: We don't know what Bubba's going to do with the card yet. Just because Daryl has an idea of what Bubba's going to do doesn't mean anything.

LM: Red, Daryl might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he does know Bubba, but you're right, up to this point we don't know what Bubba's going to do with. Let's let this play out. :: Shakes his head ::

SM: The first match of the night was Ajaxx vs. Rod Paradise. Rod Paradise was the victor.

LM: Hooray...Let's move on.

SM: Next we saw Nic Nitro once again treating his tag partner Steven Cobalt like an indentured servant. Nic was pleased with Steve's performance and deducted some of the debt as promised. Nic however felt that it would be necessary to have Steven at ring side again. Just in case.

LM: I just don't get Cobalt. Nic shouldn't even ask for him to come out. As tag-team partners he should be happy to help in anyway possible and yet he pouts about it. God, Nic even knocked off a few bucks from the debt for doing what I consider to be expected of him.

SM: Steven is not happy about being screwed by Nic.

LM: Nic did Cobalt a favor. What kind of :: Puts his fingers in quotes :: torture do you think Nathan would have put him in since Nathan was such an evil monster.

SM: I don't know Lance but Nic's taking advantage of a deal that he pretty much reneged on isn't sitting well.

LM: Well then he should suck it up. Nic has done nothing but reward him for his efforts.

SM: Kyle Riichards was out to discuss his recent defeats but in particular losing to Auron. He claimed to not need excuses but to simply correct the mistake. He promised Castlevania that he would destroy him tonight.

LM: There you go Red. What do you think of that? This guy is a straight up kind of dude. He understands his failures and instead of making excuses he just pushes on hoping to learn from the mistakes he made. Very commendable.

SM: I will admit that he did accept his loss with a bit more dignity than I had expected but he still a little to arrogant for my taste.

LM: I'll never be able to determine what you deem as arrogance and confidence. Kyle Richards has a ton of confidence and that confidence sets him apart from many in MWP. That's why he pretty much did what he was going to do to Castlevania.

SM: He did indeed Lance. Next up was Hypeelf who...

LM: You mean Brad Locke.

SM: No I mean Hyperelf. Hyper told the fans about his wrestling heritage and how he somehow wouldn't measure up to his father's ideals.

LM: Yeah and after he lost in the W-Card ladder match he discovered what a waste his life had been trying to live up to others ideals and now is out to pave his own way. Brad I don't care what Red says, you're doing the right thing pal.

SM: And I am going on record to say that Hyperelf, do not give in to your darker impulses. What happened at the PPV was not because you failed it was because someone was just a little better that night. MWP needs characters like you who can poke fun at life and make light certain things that others take far too seriously. Until you do I'm going to have this jelly donut sit at my side of the desk in your honor. Don't give in to Brad Locke. Don't be another Kyle Richards or Adam Lethal. Be Hyperelf.

LM: :: Stares at her :: Are you really going to be keeping a donut at the desk until he goes back to that idiot? You're not even going to give Brad Locke a chance?

SM: No.

LM: :: Shakes his head :: Okay Red.

SM: Next up was Ric Raven. Ric Raven continued to talk about Dark, Death, and Evil as if they were his best friends. He eventually switched his attention to Rehaustykus...

LM: Bless you.

SM: ...whom Ric took umbrage to about him claiming to be a god. To prove his point he managed to break into Rehaustykkus's house and made his way to the sleeping giant.

LM: For once the fans are right about somebody. This guys is a nutcase, and an idiot. Let's assume for the moment that Rehaust doesn't press charges of breaking and entering, vandalizing his sofa, and stalking him with a large weapon because you know wrestlers, they seem to want to handle things their own way; Rehaust now has good reason to knock this guy back into the afterlife.

SM: The imagery was clearly disturbing Lance and I know that if that were me he'd be in prison, but you're probably right Rehaustykus...

SM: ...Probably will want to handle things his own way.

LM: Well if he wanted to get Rehaust's attention. I'm sure he's got it now.

SM: Moving on we saw Hyperelf handily beat Golden Dragon to qualify for the EC match for the R&T title.

LM: You see Brad. That's what happens when you man up and start taking things seriously.

SM: And I will insist that he would've won if he still had fun with the interviewers and mess around with donuts. Rehaustykus.

SM: ....did not take long to come out to talk about Ric Raven's antics. He claimed to admire the gaul it took to enter his kingdom and threaten him but Ric's threats are nothing to him and he will prove that when they meet in the ring.

LM: Damn, This guy fears nothing. Most people would've called ADT and purchase their most expensive security system and if they were rich enough buy themselves the President's Secret Service people to protect them from this sociopath and here he is eager to get in the ring with Raven.

SM: If you ask me, they're both unhinged. My god, and I don't mean the god Rehaustykus,

SM: One has an uncomfortable intimacy with death and the other has a god complex.

LM: Makes you feel like you're in ORW again doesn't it Red?

SM: Perhaps but neither man is playing with a full deck here and Quentin may need to be on high alert when these two come into contact.

LM: It's gonna be ugly for sure.

SM: Cael Wheeler and SD Coleman were talking about SD's upcoming match with Big Bubba.

LM: You know, it's just not the same seeing SD win all of the time now. The world is gone crazy because of it. Look at Ric Raven and Rehaus.

SM: And Hyperelf.

LM: Then you agree with me? SD should start losing again?

SM: No. I'm just humoring you though I do enjoy the notion that you can no longer rip on SD for continually losing. Big Bubba may need to watch out.

LM: Oh how tough can Bubba be? The only reason why he won the W-Card was by sitting on someone.

SM: There was the matter of climbing the ladder for the card too Lance.

LM: And wasn't that a strain on the old ticker. :: Pounding his chest ::

SM: The match between Rehaus and Ric Raven took place. Though it was a short affair Ric was awarded the victory after getting hit in the face with brass knucks.

LM: Ahhhhh. Now I know the real reason Rikku left. She lost her knucks to Rehaus and couldn't afford another pair. Poor kid. As for Ric Raven. Maybe he should've done the deed when he had the chance. Then he would be licking his wounds now.

SM: I don't think we should be condoning murder Lance.

LM: I'm not. I'm just saying that maybe he shouldn't have done it at all now that he knows what Rehaust is capable of.

SM: Marissa interviewed Chip Morris next. Chip explained that he did what he did last week because rules were rules. The time limit had expired and it was his job to alert the ref of that fact. He also denied the accusation that he did what he did to avoid getting beat. He also was happy that the higher ups had enough faith in him to be put in an EC qualifier match.

LM: Well if they can put Golden Dragon in a qualifying match then I don't see a problem with Chip getting a shot.

SM: Don't you think it's a little suspicious how he stopped the match last week.

LM: I didn't see it that way Red. Chip wasn't in any real danger of losing as he was handling Dixon decently. Dixon's hard to take down.

SM: There's just something about him.

LM: Yeah like Jeremy Danielson. You know Red apart from Brad Locke, do you like any other wrestler in MWP?

SM: I like a lot of the competitors in MWP Lance.

LM: Phew...okay...but I sure don't see it.

SM: Nic Nitro was up against Eli Minotaur. Nic wound up soundly defeating him.

LM: Yes and without the help of Cobalt.

SM: Then Nic shouldn't order him to come out since he's running roughshod over the competition. My take on this is that Nic is showing off. Rubbing his success in Steven's face, to say nothing of Nic taking advantage of Steven's predicament.

LM: Okay so we've established that you are at least sympathetic to Cobalt but yet put another name to your hate list. Nic has been nothing but an admirable dude. Cobalt will probably get another reward for doing nothing and yet you can't find it in your heart to give Nic credit for that selfless act.

SM: If he wants to reward Steven, give him his freedom and treat him as an equal like most tag partners do.

LM: Just move on Red. We're going round and round on this subject.

SM: Gladly. There was a little playful banter between two people that I DO like. Dixon Flys and Danny Draiman. Both men talked up their impending match with Danny getting a little frustrated by the playfulness of Dixon.

LM: Dixon seems happy for a man who was turned down last week for the Ed Dryden/Randy Swofford invitational, and Danny? Well I'm not sure about him. He seems a bit too cheerful as well.

SM: What do you mean?

LM: I don't know. I might be hypersensitive to the subtleties of the wrestlers behaviors. I have to be to combat your prejudice towards some of the other wrestlers.

SM: :: Laughs :: Lance you really are a funny guy. The announce team discussed the chain of events between Jeremy Danielson and John Dempsey. Dempsey was unmoved by the show of compassion that Jeremy gave him at the end of the Q&A session. John and the others were also perplexed by Jeremy tanking the first five questions.

LM: I have to agree with John on this. Jeremy had a chance to knock John a peg or two by hitting a home run on John's St.Patty's Day questions. It did make Jeremy look weak on both counts.

SM: I have always doubted Jeremy's knowledge of everything but he did the right thing not laying out John. John is no longer a wrestler even if he might believe he can beat Jeremy one on one.

LM: I'd pay to see that and if I know John, he might be considering that notion. hell if Auron can do it why can't John?

SM: I think John's been out of wrestling a lot longer than Auron Lance.

LM: Oh then if Auron is a legend then John must be a mythological.

SM: Suuure. At any rate, Jeremy came out and talked briefly about John but turned his attention to Mattamillion Allen. Jeremy timed the match MA/Jayx match and claimed that he could beat MA in less time and if he failed he would give him the one million dollars that was destined for John last week. After the challenge to MA and a little lesson on how a champion should be like, he showed the world a video tape of Marissa asking Jeremy, St. Patrick's Day questions, answering each one right. The timestamp showed it to be before John Q&A session with Jeremy.

LM: WOOOOW!!! What a showman. What a mind. This guy is head and shoulders the most entertaining guy in the world. Forget that dude from the Dos Equis commercials. Jeremy is head and shoulders far better than that drunk.

SM: SD Coleman and Big Bubba had their match which I would dub as the match of the night. SD foud himself once again on the plus side of the win/loss column.

LM: Okay SD may be back in the groove, but I'm pretty sure that Cael Wheeler was waving a chicken bone at him the whole time.

SM: At any rate it was a hell of a match by two more people I like.

LM: You're just saying that to make me look bad.

SM: Why would I do something that you do so well yourself.

LM: Right....huh?

SM: Ed Dryden and Randy Swofford were getting ready for their next invitational challenge when Marissa caught up with them stating that they did not have a match. Ed was going to demand an explanation but Randy talked him out of such a tactic.

LM: You see Red, that's is why Ed Dryden and Randy Swofford are the best duo in the business today. They know each other like a book and they respect each others opinion. No ego's in that pair.

SM: Well they do have egos Lance but not when it comes to each other. I have to admit that Ed and Randy are a little different in MWP than in ORW.

LM: I'll tell you why Red. When they joined ORW they were still searching for a high profile title that would put them on the map. They did that with the EA title. When they joined MWP they achieved that recognition. Their stress has been alleviated and that has only made them more dangerous in the ring.

SM: Can't argue with that. A very close second in quality matches was the Chip Morris/Gato Salvaje match.

LM: Poor Gato. How quickly he rose, how quickly he's fallen.

SM: As Lance said in his own way. Chip Morris was able to score the pin and qualify for the EC match.

LM: No referee stoppage here Red.

SM: No but there was more at stake here Lance. Maybe Chip didn't want to risk losing his shot by DQ.

LM: What a devious mind you have Red. The guys wins clean and you still find something wrong with it.

SM: Myabe you rubbing off on me.

LM: Maybe I...what?

SM: MA came out to explain to the fans that he was not lying down for anyone and that he would take on all comers. Jeremy Danielson came out to push the challenge to MA and he accepted. The match was fierce but Jeremy won the match much to MA's dismay.

LM: I knew he could do it.

SM: If you ask me, MA brought it on himself. This week he sounded a lot more like the puck ass kid he was in GCW under Sami Midas.

LM: Sometimes a leopard can't change his spots, but I think it was simply the pressure of being Legacy Champ and the controversy that took place when he didn't defend his title at One GM to say nothing of his attitude during the vote.

SM: He has changed again and not for the better. Jeremy on the other hand once again raised some questions. He said that if he won he would give his one million to a lucky fan in the arena. When the young lady was chosen she was expected to answer a question. When she said she didn't know she was supposed to Jeremy simply gave her the briefcase like he promised. Your take Lance?

LM: I don't know. Maybe he did have second thoughts in giving away such a large sum. Maybe he wanted to dazzle again by answering another question and then thought better of it.

SM: At any rate. Jeremy awaits an answer from Quentin on whether he deserves a title shot against MA.

LM: I would think so but who knows. Myabe Jayx will have something to say on the matter.

SM: maybe he will. Also looking for answers was Ed Dryden who ask Quentin about Randy's lack of a match this week. Quentin explained that he couldn't allow these type of challenges to occur when he was still establishing himself as the boss. Ed nodded but out of nowhere expressed an interest in Cliff Roxtone. Quentin said that he no longer has a say in Cliff's dealings but warned Ed that he feels the same way about Cliff as Ed does with Randy.

LM: An interesting if not brief exchange by the two men, yet I learned a great deal from it.

SM: What did you learn Lance?

LM: I think this first exchange was a feeling out process from both men. Ed is used to dealing and manipulating management into his way of thinking. Quentin is a man who knows all of the tricks. Quentin put out a warning to Ed that if he is going to pursue Cliff and abuses that relationship there will be dire consequences for Ed and Randy.

SM: I'll be interested in seeing where this development take us in the coming weeks. Speaking of Cliff, Cliff was in action against Wrath though recent history had Wrath no showing some of his recent matches but in this instance Wrath did indeed return.

LM: Maybe he should've stayed MIA since he lost soundly to Roxtone.

SM: Well Cliff is a machine in the ring. He's one of the toughest competitors in MWP.

LM: I can agree with that and winning without Quentin at his side was a good sign that he can go on alone.

SM: Definitely promising for the young man. Big Bubba was out next to tell the people his intentions for his W-Card. Bubba decided to use it to try and take the Union Titles away from Nitro and Cobalt. He said that he wanted to balance the books by asking Lianon to team with him on this cause.

LM: Interesting, so he actually did use it for something worthwhile. I'm shocked. Of course it's for one of the more unattainable belts as I don't see Nitro and Cobalt dropping them anytime soon but at least he didn't use it to get a franchise license for Rita's Water Ice.

SM: If Lianon agrees, I think those titles will be in great jeopardy. Both Bubba and Lianon are tough competitors. Finally the main event pitted Danny Draiman against Dixon Flys. Another quality match which saw Draiman the victor.

LM: Flys obviously didn't learn his lesson about getting serious when it counts. I suppose Randy could educate him again.

SM: Anything is possible Lance. Well that's it for the show folks. For Lance Miles, I'm Scarlett McDermott. We're down for the three count but we will get our heat back next week. Enjoy the show.

eldrocks

Back to top Go down